Choosing the right type of mattress is the first step towards enjoying a good night’s sleep. The most popular mattress types are Natural Latex and Memory Foam. If you are torn between these two types of mattresses, here is a guide on their pros and cons to help you make a smart decision.
- Mattresses made of latex offer better body support, which helps reduce pain in the body. It particularly alleviates pain in the lower back, shoulders, and hips. A latex mattress in Dubai conforms to the user’s body, but not so much that the body sags into the mattress.
- Latex mattresses are a cost-effective option, as their superior durability enables them to last for as long as 10 to 12 years. This means you can enjoy the comforts of a good quality latex bed for the next decade or so. It does not easily sag or suffer from wear and tear, so you are assured you can enjoy the same benefits you enjoyed when you first bought it, up to its latter years.
- All-natural latex beds have no off-gassing, while synthetic latex beds can emit between 10 to 15 percent off-gas. This is still significantly lower than other mattress types. So, for individuals who do not like the slight chemical smell of new mattresses, all-natural latex is the ideal choice for them. It is also best for people who tend to develop allergies from chemicals.
- Latex beds in Dubai are the most suitable option for individuals who tend to move a lot when they sleep. Latex beds have better motion isolation, so users will not disturb their companion even if they toss and turn at night.
- Natural latex mattresses are naturally fire resistant. In addition, as they are primarily made of organic materials, they are an eco-friendly and biodegradable option. They are also the “healthier” mattress as they do not release chemicals, and they do not contain harmful toxins.
Memory Foam Mattress
- Memory foam was first made in the 1960s for the use of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration in the United States. Engineered for airplane seats, memory foam contains a viscoelastic substance that gives it soft and absorbent qualities.
- Memory foam evenly distributes a person’s body weight, thus offering pressure relief. In fact, because of this trait, memory foam is the preferred material for hospital beds and wheelchair seats.
- Like with latex mattresses, memory foam mattresses are a practical choice as these can last, on average, for up to seven years. High-quality ones can even remain in good condition (without sagging!) for up to eight to ten years.
- Thanks to its ability to repel dust mites, mould, and pet dander, it is considered the most hypo-allergenic mattress in the market. These attributes make it also a popular option among people who prefer mattresses that do not require high maintenance. Memory foam mattresses only need regular vacuuming to ensure it is clean and in good condition.
If you want an adjustable bed, better get a memory foam to go with it. Industry experts say memory foams are the best complement to adjustable beds, as these can easily flex and adjust to the different positions of adjustable beds, without compromising comfort and durability.